For eight years Innovative Systems has made a six figure investment to support our customers’ efforts to understand the video and broadband behaviors of their rural American customers, and the 2023 report is now complete. Here are some of the highlights:
- In total, 841 rural US residents participated with a margin of error at +/- 3.4%. A leading research panel company provided the sample.
- Seven different age groups were studied, closely matching the US Census Bureau demographic breakdown for rural America.
- 50% reported an annual income of 50k or more, 28% made 75k or above.
- Overall, 63% bundle internet and TV, with no significant difference by age group. The average monthly spend on their bundle is $121, up from $114. (Q20/Q22)
- As in the 2022 study, nearly one-third of all respondents said they would prefer a much faster internet speed and would be willing to pay for it.